Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet Treats Math!

Now that my kids are rocking their Associative and Commutative Property CCSS', I've decided we need some work on the related addition and subtraction (1.OA.6) area.  So, since I was home sick today, I worked on my Sweet Treats pack on "Using the Relationship Between Addition and Subtraction to Solve Equations within 20" (I know!  Catchy, right?!?).  Once again, as I create new things to use to fill in the gaps between Common Core and our non-existent math program, I get REALLY in touch with the requirements of CCSS!  Here are a few quick peeks at my work in progress.
I am in love with Pauly the Polar Bear's clip art from Scrappin' Doodles!  The kids seem to love him, too!  He also looks cute when printed in black and white (just in case you aren't independently wealthy with an endless supply of color ink)! 
If you haven't already been to Liv to Teach to enter her huge giveaway,  you'd better get over there now!  68 bloggers have donated prizes, so it is pretty amazing!


Liv to Teach
Have a great end of week!  Yay!
Corinna


2 comments:

  1. Have to agree that lil bear is just the cutest!
    Our math curriculum needs math fact supplementing BIG time. It's so frustrating because it's such a huge foundation that every grade here on out builds on-not to mention how many concepts as well! This looks wonderful Corinna!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, that means a lot to me, since I have a big blogger crush on you two! Thanks, so much! I'm getting ready to snap up your February sharing pages! Yay!
      Corinna :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! If you are a new follower, please leave a link to your site so I can visit you, too! :)

view sourceprint?01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover