Thursday, May 23, 2013

I'm Back!

Hi Teacher Friends!  I'm sorry I've been missing from the blogosphere lately.  I've had too many things on my Must-Do-ASAP-Before-Everyone-Realizes-I-Am-Not-As-Fabulous-As-I-Want-Them-To-Think list.  However, since this teacher forgot her MDABERIANAFAIWTTT list, I'll have to just do this blog post!  LOL!  So, here's a freebie to make you forget that it has been 17 days since my last post.  This is a 4-Square Writing Organizer for kids to write about a fun day with a friend. I love using the 4-Square because it is very simple to use and my kids feel comfortable using without needing an explanation each time.
With this organizer, we were doing a writing sample about friends and we were practicing using transition words.  We also had been trying to remember to indent our paragraphs, so I put the pointer finger in box 1 as a little reminder.  We were also working on a wrap-up sentence that shared our feelings about the subject, so I put a little heart shape in box 5 as a reminder.
This version can be used to allow your students to write their own topic sentence.
This version omits the transitional words so your students can choose their own.
 
This is one of the final copy writing paper options.  
There is a matching page with a full page of handwriting lines.
This is one of the other final copy writing paper options.  
There is a matching page with a full page of handwriting lines.
I hope you can find a use for these in your classroom! Click on the cover photo to get your own copy!

We have eleven school days left!  How are you keeping your kids learning until the last minute of the school year?

Happy Teaching!
♥Corinna 

1 comment:

  1. I love how this helps students be successful in writing a 5 sentence paragraph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you are a new follower, please leave a link to your site so I can visit you, too! :)

view sourceprint?01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover